Monday, June 11, 2012

A cuddly bear

Thanks for stopping by Gel-a-tins today! I hope you find our blog full on inspiring projects and would love for you to share your Gel-a-tins creations with us!


Hello, everyone! It's Jessi. When I saw the Bear in the "Honey Bear" set, I knew I wanted to some how use flocking powder. After several attempts (have to admit...this was my first time using it), I finally was able to figure out how to make the bear image work.


Here is my CAS (best kind of cards out there *my opinion*):

Image

Here is a close-up of the cute bear:

Image

Can you tell there is flocking powder? No really sure on how to take a picture to showcase the texture?

Image

To start of the flocking technique, I use a ivory cardstock and rolled a gluestick over an area the size of the stamp. Quickly taking the flocking powder and pressing it onto the glue. Allowing the powder to dry, I then stamped the image with brown ink. Once the ink was dried, the image was cut-out. Using a small hole punch, I punched 2 holes around the bear's neck and added the twine bow.

To complete the card, I attached the bear to the corner and added the sentiment around the bear.



Once again, thank you for stopping by today!


Supplies:

Honey Bear Stamp Set


Other Supplies:
Studio G Flocking Powder
Trendy Twine - Sky Blue
Paper Studio- Baby Blue & Brown Ink
Popdots

No comments: